ACAF’s mission is to offer a platform for artists and designers and make them accessible to a discerning audience. We offer the opportunity to purchase quality works of art and design and meet the creators behind the work.
All our works are carefully selected and hand picked by a panel of experts and we guarantee the quality of the art presented. We are the place to discover great talent!
Purchasing a work of art might seem daunting to some. At the Accessible Art Fair we strive to make this experience as pleasant as possible by removing the barriers between the buyer and the artist.
Director and Founder
Canadian entrepreneur in the arts and curator, Stephanie Manasseh is the founder and director of the Accessible Art Fair. Stephanie left her native Canada to settle in Europe in 1997. She has always been passionate about giving a voice to emerging artists and by bringing together artists and luxury brands. When she set up the Accessible Art Fair in Belgium in 2004 little did she know that the fair would become a recognizable brand in the art world. Stephanie organized and directed the ACAF in several other cities including Antwerp, Tel Aviv, and recently launched the fair in New York City. Stephanie was responsible for developing and implementing the Art & Design Sessions for BMW in Belgium. She was contracted to create ten sessions, showcasing renowned artists, designers and photographers such as Xavier Lust, Terry O'Neill, and the late Marc Lagrange. Her expertise in the art world has brought her ongoing professional partnerships with international brands such as American Express and The New York Times, BMW, Montblanc, Tiffany, Alfa Romeo. Stephanie was invited to speak at The New York Times Art For Tomorrow conference in Doha, Qatar in March 2016. Stephanie also did a Ted X talk and recently directed a film about the art fair.
Alina started working for the Accessible Art Fair more than a year ago and she is pursuing a professional path in the art world. Cultural Management MA graduate at ULB, Brussels, former scholarship-holder in France and her other MA and BA degrees completed in Romania, she is academically shaped in the field of Communication, Media and Cultural Studies. With a background in the film industry and art market research, she is building her career with devotion, creativity and passion. Always seeking knowledge, she finds that learning from the right people and loving what you do can be truly enlightening.
Bengi started her career working for NGOs in Istanbul such as Istanbul Foundation for Culture and Arts (IKSV), Istanbul Photography Association (IFSAK). After completing her studies, BA in History of Art in Istanbul and Film Studies in Vancouver, she worked at the Ministry of Culture and Tourism in Ankara for more than 10 years where she curated a number of exhibitions and coordinated many EU projects. Bengi completed her MA at Bonn University and after that she settled in Brussels where her road crossed with the Accessible Art Fair. Bengi is a trilingual professional who has been working in the field of culture and is devoted to the art world.
Cultural Heritage BA and MA graduate in Archaeology at the University of Catania he studied the connections of prehistorical fertility rituals with gender and queer theory. Always willing to combine past and present, he chose the contemporary art world as main field of his professional interest. He studied Economics and Management of Art and Cultural Heritage at the Business School of Il Sole 24 Ore in Milan. Salvatore's interests are focused on Communication of Contemporary Art and Design and Social Media. Formerly worked in a Communication and PR agency in Milan as press officer.
- Artists liaison - 60-70 artists | 200/300 applications from artists to manage
- Management of the fair relationships with partners, sponsors, press, artists, influencers, the public.
- Communication strategy: press liaison, social media and emailing
- Content creation: press releases, newsletters, visuals, presentations for different stakeholders
- If necessary: planning and attending meetings with sponsors, partners, artists - on Stephanie Manasseh's behalf
- Organisation of the selection committee meetings
- Managing art fair setup - breakdown
- Event planning strategy and managing the art fair general agenda
- Developing exhibition proposals
- Website updates
- Experience in event management
- Strong organisational skills, communicating and maintaining timelines and priorities on every project
- A can-do attitude, good at prioritising, balancing multiple requirements and adapting to new situations
- Meticulous attention to details and relationship building skills
- Flexibility and ability to work within a small team
- Computer literate, confident in using a range of packages, in particular Excel, Word, spreadsheets, website updating, Photoshop or other tools (not required, but desirable)
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and experience of dealing with people in professional and social situations.
- English is the working language and FR and NL are a plus
If interested, you can send a letter of motivation and your CV to email@example.com
INTERESTED IN BecomING Part of Our Team in Brussels or New york?
We are looking for talented, driven and hard working interns interested to help us to organise both fairs in Brussels and New York for three months minimum. Candidates who are interested in gaining experience in the contemporary art world can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org